APAC, SAC Elect New Officers
The shared governance bodies representing appointed personnel and classified staff have announced new officers for the coming year.
In its annual officers election, held May 20, the Appointed Professionals Advisory Council elected:
- Chairman: Jeff Ratje, assistant dean of finance and administration for the James E. Rogers College of Law.
- Vice Chair: Mark Napier, associate director of operations for Parking and Transportation Services.
- Secretary: Stephen Michael, director of the College of Public Health's Arizona Smokers Helpline.
- Treasurer: Sylvia Quintero, manager of business and finance in the Department of Geosciences.
APAC represents more than 3,700 appointed personnel â€“ a number that has risen by about 200 people in the past year, according to the 2012-2013 UA Fact Book.
The group's next meeting is June 24 in Room 103 of the Thomas W. Keating Bioresearch Building. Eller College of Management Dean Len Jessup is slated to speak.
The Staff Advisory Council held its annual election in April, and elected the following people:
- President: Shanley Ten Eyck, executive assistant in the Office of Federal Relations
- Executive Vice President: Michelle Mixer, business manager in the Eller College of Management's Department of Marketing
- Administrative Vice President: Melanie Tornquist, program coordinator in the College of Medicine
- Parliamentarian: Richard Salazar, office specialist, senior, and parking appeals officer for Parking and Transportation Services
- Treasurer: Cathy Curtin, administrative assistant in the James E. Rogers College of Law
- Recording Secretary: Cynthia Bjerk, administrative assistant in the Graduate College
SAC represents about 5,300 employees, a decrease of a little more than 100 since last year, according to the UA Fact Book.
SAC is shoring up its preparations for its annual Crossroads Conference, which is June 20.
Officers for both groups begin their terms July 1. This will be the first time the SAC president and treasurer will serve for two years instead of one.